Python Pen Testing Overview
Penetration testers, security enthusiasts, and network administrators often desire to go beyond using ready-made tools by automating tasks. Python scripting and its application to problems in computer and network security is a key way to do this.
Cheat Sheet Details
LIFARS presents this useful cheat sheet to help you with Python Pen Testing.
It contains the following:
- Simple GET request for html source
- 2Get http response headers
- Capturing cookies generation/sessions IDs
- Testing anonymous FTP login
- Nmap scanning using python
- Site recon – scraping links from target
- Table of common ports reference
For more information on penetration testing, including types of pen testing and the industry standard pen testing phases–read LIFARS’ Penetration Testing Whitepaper.
To learn more about penetration testing solutions, secure code review, or get advice on improving your cyber defenses–check LIFARS Security Assessment Solution.