Taking the Necessary Steps to Prevent this Common Crime – IN 2015 ALONE, OVER 13 MILLION AMERICANS fell victim to identity fraud, resulting in damages of more than $15 billion. While it is impossible to prevent fraud entirely (your data is often in the hands of others—banks, hospitals, online stores, etc.), there are steps you can take to lower the risk of exposure.
In addition to prevention, it is equally important to be aware of the options you have available to resolve an identity fraud incident should it ever happen to you.
LIFARS partnered with Assurex Global for this quarterly report.
In this guide you will learn:
- How to identify Identity Fraud
- Who has interest in your information
- How to secure your online presence
- What to do if you fell victim to Identity Fraud
- How Credit Freezes and Fraud Alerts work