IANS Symposium on Threat Hunting
September 14th, Thursday 10:00AM
IANS Symposium on Threat Hunting is designed to give CISOs, Operations leads, and any information security practitioner on threat hunting guidance. It combines presentation, and peer conversation in an environment that is both fast-paced and casual.
Date: September 14th, 2017
Location: City Club of Washington DC
Attendees will learn real-world implementation insights that they can use immediately and understand on how their industry peers are addressing threat hunting challenges in their respective environments.
Founder and CEO at LIFARS LLC
Topics will include:
- What are the indicators of an advanced threat actor
- The most common places successful attackers hide
- Why automated tools are not sufficient to detect targeted attacks
- Techniques for threat hunting
- Skills a threat hunting team needs
- How to build a hunt team exercise
- New technologies such as behavioral analysis, data analytics, and pattern recognition
- KPIs and metrics you can use to measure success