Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for a Digital Forensic Intern in the Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Department –currently consisting of 8 people. We need a highly driven, motivated, creative, reliable, diligent, and clever person. We are in a competitive environment and we need to “hack it” with innovative approaches. The desired candidate should have some hands-on technical experience and theoretical understanding of cybersecurity. The candidate should be able to roll up their sleeves and work independently as needed.
Benefits working at LIFARS:
• Our team works on many cases with FBI, US Secret Service, Europol, Interpol, and other military and intelligence agencies.
• Real equity in the company (LIFARS is self-funded) and every resource is an equity holder at LIFARS
• Performance bonus when LIFARS meet quarterly target, around 20% of annual salary
• Competitive salary and overtime paid
• Very solid medical, health, dental, vision, and 401(k) benefits
• Technology-related degrees preferred.
• Technology skills with Cybersecurity/Forensic Software (AccessData, Encase, etc.) • Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); experience preferred
• Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and coordinate with the internal team
• Background knowledge and interest in the cybersecurity industry preferred
• Drive to join technology cybersecurity profession
• Confident and dynamic personality
• Ability to work under deadlines • Strong communication skills
• Creative “hack-it” type of mentality
• IT/cybersecurity background a plus
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• 9-5pm/10-6pm schedule, 16+ hours per week
• Based in NYC LIFARS office
• Report in directly to Forensics Management
• Able and willing to travel between 30-40% of the time whenever necessary
• Secure evidence and lab equipment management
• Examination and reviewing of forensic evidence and cases
• Creation/modification of forensic reports based on examination results
• Testing new forensic tools and updates, with documentation creation
• Virtual machine and workstation management for cybersecurity and forensic purposes
• Gain hands-on experience working with innovative technology
• Work in a fast-paced emerging startup environment
• Ability to work with industry’s top firms and experts
• Learn the cybersecurity process from start to finish
• Attend company events