Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for a Digital Forensic Intern in the Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Department –currently consisting of 8 people. We need a highly driven, motivated, creative, reliable, diligent, and clever person. We are in a competitive environment and we need to “hack it” with innovative approaches. The desired candidate should have some hands-on technical experience and theoretical understanding of cybersecurity, and be able to roll up their sleeves and do some work on his own as needed.
Benefits working at LIFARS:
• Our team works on many cases with FBI, US Secret Service, Europol, Interpol, and other military and intelligence agencies
• Real equity in the company (LIFARS is self funded) and every resource is an equity holder at LIFARS
• Performance bonus when LIFARS meet quarterly target, around 20% of annual salary
• Competitive salary and overtime paid
• Very solid medical, health, dental, vision, and 401(k) benefits.
• Technology-Related degrees preferred.
• Technology skills with Cybersecurity/Forensic Software (AccessData, Encase, etc.) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); experience preferred.
• Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and coordinate with the internal team.
• Background knowledge and interest in the Cybersecurity industry preferred.
• Drive to join Technology Cybersecurity profession.
• Confident and dynamic personality.
• Ability to work under deadlines Strong communication skills.
• Creative “hack-it” type of thinking.
• IT/Cybersecurity background a plus.
• Ability to work independently/in team
• 9-5pm/10-6pm schedule, 16+ hours per week.
• Based in NYC LIFARS office.
• Report in directly to Forensics Management.
• Able and willing to travel between 30-40% of the time whenever necessary.
• Secure evidence and lab equipment management.
• Examination and reviewing of forensic evidence and cases.
• Creation/modification of forensic reports based on examination results.
• Testing new forensic tools and updates, with documentation creation.
• Virtual machine and workstation management for cybersecurity and forensic purposes.
• Gain hands-on, Technology Experience.
• Work in a fast-paced emerging startup environment.
• Ability to work with industry’s top firms and experts.
• Learn the cybersecurity process from start to finish.
• Company Events