According to the post published by The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), people should remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Along with the emails, malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites may be included for tricking victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Therefore, people should be cautious when they handle any emails with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts, or calls related to COVID-19. Here are some tips about avoiding COVID-19 cyber scams shared by CISA:
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
- Use trusted sources, such as legitimate, government websites, for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in the email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information.
- Review CISA Insights on Risk Management for COVID-19 for more information.
The LIFARS Cyber Resilience and Response Subscription Program provide the ultimate protection from proactive services to increase your cybersecurity posture to having forensic investigators at the ready should you need to make a cyber 911 call. We provide the manpower and expertise to immediately respond and remediate to cyber incidents and breaches, in addition to providing a full array of services to increase your company’s cyber resiliency. Fully customizable, you get to pick and choose the services you need. LIFARS Incident Response Services and Forensic Methodologies are known world-wide and frequently called upon by intelligence agencies to help crack and clean-up the most complicated of cases. This unique expertise will be on call for you.
Contact LIFARS Immediately
When Your Organization is Hit by Cyberattack