Channelnomics Cloud Conference
December 8-17th, starts at Thursday, 11:00AM
Cloud computing has long moved beyond the hype cycle and has proven its value in the enterprise space. Currently, organizations are looking to advance their cloud strategies and find new ways to harness the benefits of cloud technologies. The pursuit of these benefits and the cost-saving opportunities that follow pushes organizations into deploying newer virtualization or cloud service platforms.
This means the market finds itself in the seemingly unique situation where almost the same number of companies is migrating to a different cloud platform today as those that are implementing cloud for the first time. Of course, this trend opens up a myriad of new sales opportunities, but at the same time, as more cloud service providers enter the market, price competition and pressures on margin increase. As a result, channel players need to consider new ways to differentiate themselves and satisfy their customers' needs, without compromising on profitability.
Join us for this one-day event to hear about what lies ahead and what strategies you can use to grow your business, streamline cloud operations and maximize profits. Meet leading industry vendors to find out about the latest technologies and hear directly from your peers, who will share their cloud journeys at this truly independent channel event.
- Channelnomics website, http://events.channelnomics.com/cloud-nyc/static/program
Founder and CEO at LIFARS LLC
11.40 -12.10pm Vulnerabilities of Cloud Platforms
- Hear the results of research and investigation conducted by the LIFARS team into a vulnerability that arises from multiple cloud file sharing providers interact with other cloud services - in this case: user behavior, Dropbox, and Google AdWords combined
- See how the team was able to confirm the vulnerability, reproduce it, and demonstrate the mechanics of the vulnerability's interactions and the resulting unintended data leak. Understand the process of the vulnerability - the prerequisite conditions necessary, the exposure process, and more
- This session highlights an issue arising with the major shift towards cloud platforms - individually secure systems create new vulnerabilities when interacting with each other. This raises questions about the ownership of the issue, since in some cases, the vulnerability that unintentionally leaks data can be considered a feature of the isolated cloud product
3.30 - 4.10pm Panel discussion: The future of cloud
- Is there potential for further revenue growth in cloud? Where is the money?
- How to keep growing the business when the skills pool is so limited. Is it a good idea to partner up with other providers to combine skill sets?
- What will your customers want tomorrow? How to be ahead of the cloud game
Panelists: Ondrej Krehel, CEO and Founder, LIFARS ; George Bardissi, President, Bardissi Enterprises; Chris Böttger, CTO, IVCI; Varghese Samuel, Chairman and CEO, Fingent Corp
Moderator: Scharon Harding, Assistant Editor, Channelnomics