The outbreak of COVID-19 at the beginning of 2020 is not only a challenge to the level of social governance and medical treatment but also a test of whether the company’s existing operating model can well respond to emergencies. In the case that many enterprises cannot resume work normally, many companies choose to work remotely. Remote working is not a new field. This market that is undergoing tremendous changes can be defined as enterprise-level social software and collaboration, including communication, conferences, file sharing, workflow management, and other sub-fields. The benefits of remote working include:
- Travel expenses will be lower as fewer face-to-face interactions are needed.
- The use of automation will be accelerated to augment the workforce.
- Commercial real estate costs will be reduced as the need for hulking corporate complexes diminishes.
- HR practices will change as fewer humans in one confined space may mean fewer human resource issues and investigations.
However, when the COVID-19 comes to an end, can remote working truly integrate into daily office? First, we need to acknowledge that not all industries are suitable for remote working at this stage. The following dimensions should be fully considered by organizations before their remote office transformation:
- Degree of Digitization refers to the digital attributes of the work context, and whether the work content can be completed online.
- The Nature of Cooperation refers to the usual mode of work. It is important to figure out if the work can be done independently, and only report the progress of the work on a regular basis, or if the work need to be done closely with the team, and emphasize fast and repeated communication in real-time.
- Team Size: refers to the number of people in a work team and the complexity of management.
- Equipment Dependence: refers to the degree of dependence on related equipment in the workplace.
- Delivery Requirements: refers to the frequency and importance of interacting with customers offline.
Here is an option for you. LIFARS’ CISO as a Service is designed to address organizations’ information security leadership needs. Our CISOs are highly skilled at establishing, improving, and transforming Cybersecurity Programs focused on maximizing business values by minimizing risks and optimizing opportunities.
Contact LIFARS Immediately for