Please join LIFARS founder Ondrej Krehel on October 10.
Ondrej Krehel, is a frequent presenter/speaker because he understands how important it is to take an active role in the creation of new methods of maintaining a safe environment in an increasingly unsafe world.
Cyber extortion has reached new proportions, including six-figure ransomware payments. Considering the easy and quick payoff, cybersecurity experts expect these attacks to only increase. But stories made public provide limited knowledge of initial attack vector or details pertaining lateral movements. This session presents real cases of cyber extortion on corporate and high net worth individuals, many conducted by LIFARS Incident Response team, including hacking techniques for full network compromise and deployment of ransomware kits. This session also presents cases that are currently under investigation by the FBI and Secret Service.
- Attendees will walk away from this session with knowledge of the tools and strategies needed for elevating their cyber resilience.
- Attendees will have a better understanding in current ransomware landscape, attackers’ initial vectors of compromises, and indicators of compromises
- Attendees can learn lessons based on current incidents and cases that were conducted by Incident Response Expert Team and/or by FBI
- Strategies and tools needed to detect and prepare for ransomware attacks
- How to assess and respond to an incident in a fast and efficient matter
About the NY Metro Joint Cyber Security Conference (NYMJCSC 2019)
The New York Metro Joint Cyber Security Conference is an annual collaborative event cooperatively developed, organized and sponsored by the following leading information security industry organizations and chapters:
• HTCIA – Northeast Region
• InfraGard – New York Metro (New York City / Long Island / Hudson Valley)
• Internet Society
• ISACA – New Jersey
• ISACA – Greater Hartford Connecticut
• ISSA – New York
• Cloud Security Alliance – New York
Driven by the collaboration between members of this coalition, the strength of organizational membership, the provision of desirable CPE credits and the concurrence of National Cyber Security Awareness Month – the NYMJCSC is consistently well-attended by members of the information technology, information security, audit, academic, and business communities.
Demographics at NYMJCSC
Our presenters are industry professionals from a variety of sectors and industry verticals and include some of the best-known speakers in their fields and on the relevant topics to be covered in the various sessions, including “Emerging Trends”, “Forensics”, “Audit”, “Application Security” and “Legal Issues”, “Regulatory and Standards”.
Conference page: http://nymjcsc.org
Agenda page: http://nymjcsc.org/agenda.htm
Speakers page: http://nymjcsc.org/speakers.htm#Ondrej-Krehel
Conferences and other events are an excellent way to share knowledge and work toward new solutions. LIFERS founder, Ondrej Krehel, is a frequent presenter/speaker because he understands how important it is to take an active role in the creation of new methods of maintaining a safe environment in an increasingly unsafe world.
“It’s important to be ever vigilant because everyone is a target. Together, we move forward to a more secure tomorrow. We never rest because the threat never rests.”