September 16-17, 2019 Chicago IANS Information Security Forum. LIFARS, LLC invite you to join us as we create the future of cybersecurity. Meet the LIFARS.com CEO Ondrej Krehel, PhD, CEI, CEH, EnCe, CISSP on the road, and learn why leading companies are using LIFARS Cyber Security Threat Hunting and Cyber Resiliency Services.
It’s a source of pride to be at the forefront of this exciting area that’s an integral part of the #future of cyberbusiness.
“It’s important to be ever vigilant because everyone is a target. Together, we move forward to a more secure tomorrow. We never rest because the threat never rests.”
Realizing it’s imperative to be ever vigilant in order to stay ahead of those who would do harm we, at LIFARS, are active in organizing and participating in conferences where #cybersecurity experts, from around the world, gather to discuss developments, solutions, and new security threats. Conferences and other events are an excellent way to share knowledge and work toward new solutions.
LIFARS founder, Ondrej Krehel, is a frequent presenter/speaker because he understands how important it is to take an active role in the creation of new methods of maintaining a safe environment in an increasingly unsafe world.
We look forward to seeing you at: https://www.iansresearch.com/what-we-do/events/forums/details/2019/09/16/default-calendar/2019-chicago-information-security-forum
Presentations by Ondrej Krehel.
1) Detect, Respond and Recover.
The Changing Face of Ransomware – Ondrej Krehel.
Ransomware continues to be a significant problem for many organizations, and it has shown a ferocious ability to evolve. One reason is ransomware as a service, where people with little skill can buy ransomware-making kits online. This session explores:
- Ways ransomware has evolved in the last 6-12 months
- What ransomware as a service looks like and why it’s such a problem
- What vendors are doing to get ahead of the bad guys
2) Improve Infrastructure and Ops.
Bringing Red/Blue/Purple Teaming into Balance – Ondrej Krehel.
Your Red Team does one thing, your Blue Team does the other, and they don’t talk. Companies struggle to get them on the same page and achieve the true value of these exercises. What to do? This session will explore:
- The most valuable KPIs to use for these activities
- How to use automation testing to test the effectiveness of a response during an exercise
- How to leverage balanced scorecards for direct tracking of capabilities
3) Detect, Respond and Recover.
Cryptojacking & Cryptocurrency Mining: Defensive Measures – Ondrej Krehel.
Cryptojacking malware and crypto mining are eating AWS resources, tying up CPU capacity and costing money. This session will help you fight back by exploring:
- How to tell if cryptomining malware is in the system
- How to get the malware out of your systems
- How to keep it out
- The most prolific cryptocurrency-based attacks targeting companies
- How this malware differs from others, such as worms, ransomware and Trojans
4) Protect Applications and Data
Blockchain: What Your Vendors Have and How to Use It – Ondrej Krehel
Companies don’t understand how blockchain works inside their security vendor offerings. This session will arm attendees with a stronger foundation by exploring:
- The use cases around how blockchain enhances security
- Blockchain-related products that are actually viable
- How blockchain increase the efficacy of things like vulnerability management and SIEM
- What CISOs should tell their exec stakeholders about blockchain
Conferences and other events are an excellent way to share knowledge and work toward new solutions. LIFERS founder, Ondrej Krehel, is a frequent presenter/speaker because he understands how important it is to take an active role in the creation of new methods of maintaining a safe environment in an increasingly unsafe world.
What to Do When You’ve Been Hacked?
Contact LIFARS.com Cyber Incident Response Team immediately